Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

(We are so humbled by this boy!  What a great missionary he is...BUT~ I wish I didn't know his apartment is infested with cocroaches! Oh my...)
Family,
   Man so many crazy things have happened this week it sounds like! Disneyland... Brendan is home... Ally is coming home... sounds like a good week! And I can't believe Tyler got his mission call. I cried a little when I read that, that is so awesome. He needs to be there.
   This week has been incredible, to say the least. So many good things are happening. 4 people were baptized yesterday, the most our little ward has seen since it was started. All the people baptized this month have become best friends. We were able to go eat a dinner at Jiang Dong's on Saturday with the 4 that were getting baptized the next day... she talked about her baptism and gave them advice like she's been a member for years, instead of just a week. Also, she met a family while walking on the street and brought them to church yesterday, she is just awesome. One of the couples baptized yesterday, Sun and Liu, they are so awesome. The gospel has changed their life. Sister Liu was interviewed for baptism by President Becerra on Thursday, and after the interview President talked to me about how prepared they are. He said she told him about how she plans on having all of her children serve missions. Also, her husband is now applying for BYU, they really want to move to Utah. They've only seen pictures but they feel so good about it. He's applying for a Masters in Law, he's a really famous lawyer in China. We found out that he is actually the reason why Google has been shut down in China. haha. Funny guy.
   This week we had to move out of our apartment cause the plumbing was so bad... and when it was fixed we moved back in for a day, and then last night we left AGAIN because it's so badly infested with cocroaches.... ah. but it's being fumigated right now so hopefully everything will work out by the end of the day.
   We might be having some crazy changes happening to the Chinese work. Right now, we are pulling as many strings as possible to get a new branch started in Alhambra... giving us 3 units to work with. Some areas of our work have tons of chinese people, but it is almost impossible to have success in those places because they are so far away from the church building. If we can bring a building to them... people would retain, l;ess-actives would come back, and many more would be baptized. 4th Nephi 1:1-2 explain how I feel about it perfectly... So many of the people were baptized because the church was brought to them, not because they were brought to the church. President Becerra is on our side as well as the branch president of the very first chinese branch in Southern California... but, it will all come down to the stake presidents, but we really feel good about it and are really praying that it will come through.
   I'll be sending some pictures home today! I'm sorry I've been so terrible at that. and about the Christmas list... Mom you know how bad I am at those, and now that I'm on a mission I'm afraid I'll be ten times worse. So bear with me :) All I can think of right now is running shoes and G's. But i'll see what I can think of.
  I love and miss you guys like crazy! thank you for the popcorn balls! I have yet to eat them... but since it's halloween they'll be eaten by tonight. Today is a special P-day, we are having a bonfire with the zone tonight, it is going to be great! anyways, you guys are great. 我爱你们。 谢谢你们给我那么多。
戴长老。

No comments:

Post a Comment