Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 17, 2011

Family,
  Sounds like you guys are having a blast, I'm way jealous of that ramp! I still remember the old BMX days, when we built that dirt course next to our house and were always jumping. . . I can't believe Ally and Brendan are already coming home. The last letter ally wrote me was when she hit her half way mark!
  Things have been going crazy good this week. We have been blessed with some incredible investigators. Jiang D--- will be baptized this Sunday, and we also found a couple from Beijing, Sun and Liu, that will hopefully be baptized in November. The couple came to church for the first time yesterday, and the husband was asked to introduce himself in priesthood. He stood up and bore a testimony of how the spirit in the building has moved him in a way that he couldn't explain, and how grateful he was to be there. They have all been fellowshipped so well; our new plan of working with the ward closely has worked SO well. We're having a family home evening tonight with a member, and 3 investigators will be present. They've all become such good friends with each other and the ward members. We're also having an investigator dinner on Friday at a different members house. A foundation is being set for the work to explode in our ward, and just the chinese work in general... it's so exciting to be apart of! Eric B--- gave me his guitar last week to fix up and stuff... MAN i can't even begin to say how nice it has been to play a guitar again! I've been arranging hymns during lunch and I think I'll play some in one of the upcoming baptismal services, that'll be way fun. Also... our sink has been clogged for a week and so there are dirty dishes everywhere and our apartment smells like poop. A chinese man tried to come fix it this morning, but he looked at it for a few seconds, said "bu xing" which means "no way", and walked out. Our apartment has so many problems, I think we'll try to convince the mission that this apartment needs to go.
  Well I planned on sending some pictures today... but I just realized I forgot my camera. I'll try to go get some developed today that I can send in a letter home. So be waiting for 'em! P.S. am I getting garments for Christmas?... 'cause these are no longer garments... they're grayments. Anyways, love you guys! Have a good week!
 
Love, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment