Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 11, 2011

 
  Dear Familia,
   Happy anniversary mom and dad! that is exciting. 28 years.
   This week was transfers so that's why I'm emailing today. I didn't get transfered, but Elder Tseng in our district did so we had to help him move. I'll be with Elder Wong at least one more transfer, maybe 2. I'm thinking I won't be leaving this area at least until my year mark, maybe a little after. Then i'll finally move out of this apartment! haha. I've been here since the beginning.
   I wanna see pictures of the ramp! Reminds me of the good old days of building the half pipe off the fence... and mom yelling at me when i tried to snowboard off the roof. Good times!
  This week has gone really good. The lady that I talked about last week, Jiang D---, is still progressing really well. Better than I've seen anyone progress on my mission so far, and it's all because of our ward members. We've been working with them more closely, and they've really started to get more involved in missionary work. They've taken her and really made her feel welcome to the ward, she's excited to be baptized. She's already read up through 2nd Nephi, and believes in the restoration. People really are prepared to receive this gospel, and it happened to be right now for her. I'm just glad we were prepared to receive her when the time came.
  September was kind of a rough month for our district and zone, everybody's numbers dropped really low. Nobody really knows what happened, it just ended up that way. But nobody is discouraged. Everyone has an even greater drive to keep working. The month of October is looking good for us now, I'm excited. Yesterday we were able to get all the chinese elders together and take pictures and stuff, but I forgot my card reader! So i'll have to send them next week.
 Well I hope everyone is doing well at home, especially Noah! I remember those days, sometimes they were rough. Elder Wong is a lot like Noah sometimes, we get into the same type of arguments. But I always win, just like I did with Noah :) haha. I love you guys, keep staying righteous.
Love, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment