Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 24, 2011



 
 
Hello!
   This week has been an awesome one. Jiang D--- was baptized yesterday, and it was my favorite baptismal service yet. She has the strongest testimony, and because of her our ward has grown so much closer together. She has really brought the relief society together, especially. She gained her testimony from the day we knocked on her door, she has been being prepared for this for a very long time. It's only been 3 weeks and she's already read most of the Book of Mormon and all of the Gospel Principles book, she wants to teach in class now! haha I love her. And she taught me how to make dumplings... so be prepared for a good asian meal when I get home.
   This upcoming Sunday we'll be having another 4 baptisms in the ward. 2 younger couples, both of the woman are pregnant and due in June :) They love the gospel and the commandments. Last monday we had a family home evening with them at a members home, and we had a really good discussion about the temple. They can't wait for that day. One of the couples that I talked about last week, Sun and Liu, were talking about when they have their baby, they're going to tell him all about "Dai Shushu" (Uncle Dixon), as soon as they said that I started crying as we talked about God's eternal plan for all of us. We bore testimony that He know's each and every single one of us, and them accepting the gospel at this time in their life is part of their own specific plan of happiness for their young family. It was such a beautiful experience! It's times like these that make every single sacrifice worth it.
  Well family, know how grateful I am for all of you! Without the things you've taught me theres no way I'd be where I am today. I'm grateful for that. I've sent some pictures of recent happenings, i'll try to send some real ones in a letter home soon! love you guys! And thanks for the pumpkin cookies this week, I was craving those!
 
love, Ben.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment