Monday, October 8, 2012

Welcome Rhett!

 (Recent convert Clarence... amazing, spiritual baptismal experience.  What a wonderful man!)

      Little Rhett is here! I can't believe how fast he came. Thats so exciting! Little Nebraska boy, can't wait to see him! He's a great addition to the family.
  I'm so excited about the new announcement for missionary work. That'll be amazing. I don't know if you watched the news conference afterwards... Jeffrey R. Holland said "God is hastening his work". What an exciting time we get to be a part of! I expect there to be thousands of more sisters that want to serve missions now too, they're usually the best missionaries. Conference was amazing this weekend. We watched it at President's house Sunday morning with a couple investigators from the singles ward, one of them was Brynn's friend that we're teaching, Sarah. Brynn has decided to go on a mission by the way, she'll make a great missionary. Sarah is doing well, President has kind of made it his own personal goal to get her baptized. She loves visiting with the Becerra's, and President thinks it's because they're the family she's always wanted in the gospel. She'll either be baptized this week or the next. We also have 2 other guys getting baptized this week, Carl and Alan. Carl is from Croatia, and is incredibly smart. He got interested in the church from reading biographies of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young, he's awesome. We also picked up a new investigator named Jorge, he's from Cochabamba, Bolivia. He was excited to know that my father served in Bolivia! He didn't know there were missionaries there. He'll be baptized on the 28th, and he's doing great. When we first invited him to be baptized he was really hesitant, but then later in the week he sent us a text saying "After I read and prayed about the Book of Mormon, I have no doubt in my mind that I'll get baptized." He's awesome! Tonight we're doing an FHE at president's house with 2 investigators, it'll be a neat experience for them.
  I loved David A. Bednar's talk about consistency. We always seem to base our testimony of the gospel off of one dramatic experience with the spirit, maybe one amazing prayer or experience with repentance, but true conversion happens over a period of time from consistenly living righteously. Those big moments are important, yes, but not nearly as important as consistency. I took a question going into conference, "how can I have a lasting conversion to the gospel?" It was answered throughout the conference, but especially by David A. Bednars talk as well as Jeffrey R. Holland's. The talk that Jeffrey R. Holland gave was very simalar to the one he gave at an MTC devotional when I was there, I was so grateful to have re-experienced that feeling.
  When President Monson gave that announcement about missionary work, I felt something I'd never felt before. I knew at that moment that we truly have a living prophet that is guided and directed by God in all things. I know now better than I ever have before that this is the only true and LIVING church. It lives because of the constant revelation that is received. I'm so grateful for that knowledge, and so grateful to have grown up in an environment that allowed me to find the truth.
  I love you all! Have a good week!
 
Elder Dixon.
 
 Elder Dixon and Elder Ebanks...


 Some of the great people in the Singles Ward...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment