Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Back to the Chinese work!




I'm writing this email exhausted. I'm just burnt out, to say the least! It's been 3 weeks since we had a p-day, haha. We teach so much it's ridiculous (in a wonderful way!). We had 2 baptisms this weekend, Alan and Carl. They're both awesome and the baptismal service was amazing. Alan brought his family and friends, and they were all touched by it. Carl doesn't have any family here being from Croatia, but he is looking to building his own family soon. Speaking of families... we just found the most amazing family of 7 to teach. 5 of them over baptismal age. They met with missionaries 5 years ago, and once they got transferred nobody followed up. We were waiting for a member to come to a lesson with us and we decided to knock a couple of doors. They were the 2nd door we knocked, and they were so happy to see us. We talked to them again last night and they said we came at a PERFECT time. They had just gotten into a car accident and were praying for help, and then we knocked on the door. We gave them cookies and all the kids were so happy. BUT. I'm so used to keeping secrets about transfers as an assistant but I guess it doesn't matter if I tell my family. I'm going back to Chinese work next week. I'll be training a new missionary where I was trained, Alhambra. I'm super excited, and also a little torn because I won't get to see all the people we're teaching get baptized. But hey, they're the Lords baptisms and not mine. I've loved serving in Glendale. I've learned so much here, it's been life changing. It's amazing how right when I feel like I'm figuring out how to do missionary work as a full time missionary, I don't have much time to do it. But I won't let that stop the work from moving forward. I'm so excited to be with my people again! Haha. Alhambra has changed a lot since I was there last. They now have a Chinese Group at the building there, not quite a branch, whereas before we went to the Mountain View Ward in Arcadia. I wouldn't be surprised to see it grow into a branch in a short while. Isn't that amazing to see that progression? 2 years ago there was nothing in Alhambra... and now they're baptizing new members every other week and have a group.
  This weekend we had a Mission Conference with Elder Lawrence E. Corbridge of the Seventy. He met with half the mission on Friday and the other half on Monday. I conducted the meeting on Monday, it was a blessing to be able to attend twice. We got to see how he improved and changed his teaching and that taught me a lot. Sister Corbridge said she was from Las Vegas so I had to inquire... turns out that Aunt Mary (Ric and Mary) is Elder Corbridge's cousin. I took a picture with Elder Corbridge and Sister Corbridge said she'd send it to Aunt Mary. What a cool connection!
   Well I love you all! Sorry it took me a day to get to a computer and write this!
 
I'm sending some pictures of Carl and Alan. Enjoy!
 
Elder Dixon.

No comments:

Post a Comment