Friday, October 26, 2012

Moving...


Last week I got the best phone call! "Is this Sister Dixon? My name is Cody from Glendale, CA...I just had to call and tell you how amazing your Missionary is! Elder Dixon has changed my life... he is the most awesome guy! I am 21 yrs old with no intention of serving a mission, then I met your son. He has been the best example and a dear friend. I have been out working with him regularly over the past couple of months, and now I am working on my Mission papers! Thanks for sharing him with me!" WOW! I know he is amazing...but it's awesome to hear it from someone he is working with right now!  Then Ben sent pictures of Cody with him... So cool!


Hey!
   It's been a crazy day, I don't like moving! I'll be staying with 2 other chinese elders tonight and pick up my new companion tomorrow. It was hard to leave the singles ward, I love those guys. They've been so helpful and have brought many into the church. I sent some pictures, Cody took a bunch on his iphone. I'm glad you got to talk to him! haha, he's super funny. I'll miss the family ward we served in too, they were awesome as well. Elder Ebanks and his new companion should have around 10 baptisms between November and December in the family ward. Oh speak of the family ward, we visited with a young couple that had just moved into the ward a few months ago the other night, the Coopers. We got talking about the mission, and it turns out that Brother Cooper served in Tijuana and knew Tyler, small world! He's now married and has a 14 month old girl, and he's doing an internship at Disney Imagineering. Last week we had a really cool experience, my companion and I and a few members of the singles ward got to listen to Jenn Blosil sing and play the piano. She's a rising star, and has a song on EFY 2011. She was offered a deal with a huge label in LA, but turned it down because they wanted to turn her music into something that compromises her standards. She has an incredible voice, look her up! She has some friends in the singles ward and came to visit for the weekend, it was a tender mercy!
   I'm excited for this next part of my mission. It'll be weird to have so much time to do things, that'll be a challenge and a blessing. I know I've got much to learn, it'll be a humbling experience. I've been learning so much lately, I wish I had time to tell you about it all. I've studied a lot about integrity lately, and that has changed my outlook on a lot of things. It's a difficult attribute to develop, but one of the most important.
   That's so cool that Bryson and I are coming home on the same day! That is awesome, I'm super excited for that. I haven't heard from him in a long time, probably a year and a half, haha. I wrote him a short letter a few months ago just to make sure he's alive, and haven't gotten anything yet. I'm sure everything is well and he's just too busy!
  Well I love you all! I wish I had more to write. Have a good week!
 
Elder Dixon.
A variety of pictures with the Singles Ward...





  And pictures of Ben with Elder Ebanks...such a great companionship!
 I LOVE this one!
 What great experiences he is having... with amazing people!

No comments:

Post a Comment