Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy Birthday...2012!



 Happy New Year! 
Man I can't believe it's already been this long. Yes, it does feel like just yesterday I was standing on that chair at Tucanos celebrating my birthday last year, hahaha. Good times.
   Got transfer calls this week! I'm staying here for another transfer. But some changes were made... Elder Han and I got a new companion. We're now in a threesome. His name is Elder Bench. He has been serving in english work for his whole mission, and President decided to switch his call to Chinese. He's from Indonesia, but his mom is from China so he can speak a little chinese. It's a little less than MTC level right now, but we're working on it! He's actually been a huge blessing to our companionship. He's so humble and has such a strong desire to learn the language, he brings the spirit. And he's teaching me Tai-Chi and some Indonesian, so thats a bonus too. Last night we had our first appointment with him, it was a very sweet start for the transfer. We ate dinner at Sister Song's house, and some other members came as well. After eating  we had a testimony meeting/family home evening. Sister Song told us her conversion story and all the experiences she's had in the church, it was just so awesome and spiritual. Then all the missionaries told their conversion stories and testimonies as well. When it was Elder Bench's turn, he just started bawling. About 2 minutes later in really broken chinese he said "I know Heavenly Father loves me" it was so touching, everybody was crying!
   For my birthday we're going to Sister Jiang's (the one that was baptized a couple months ago) house to eat Jiaozi. I'm way excited. Then I think we'll go out as a District to eat dinner on P-day 'cause 3 of us in the district all hit our year mark on the 5th :) Me, Elder Tryon, and Elder Su.  pretty cool stuff...
  I love you guys! Thanks for everything that's happened the past 20 years... I wouldn't be here without you guys, and I can't imagine life in a different family. I'm so grateful for all the things I've been taught by my parents. Some things taught by word, but most things taught by example. I've gained such a strong love for the scriptures and this gospel because of your examples. I love you all so much.
have a good week!
love, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment