Monday, January 23, 2012

Chinese New Year!

  I'm glad you guys met Brother Sun! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. He was really impressed with you guys. He even talked about how "handsome" Noah is, hahaha. He's a really good guy, I'm grateful I got to be apart of his conversion. And it's so cool they are naming their girl Lydia! I gave them a list of my favorite names for girls and boys back when they first knew she was pregnant, and that was their favorite one. You will definitely  have to meet his wife some day, she is so sweet, and her english is better :) haha.
  This week has been a little different. I'm pretty sure this week we had the lowest numbers that I've ever had on my mission, but I feel like I worked harder than I have in a long time. Some of my fondest memories of talking to people about the restored gospel have been made this week. We were able to testify to so many people and invite them, I felt really satisfied at the end of each day. I felt much closer to the Lord and I feel like I understand his will much better, I'm very grateful for that.
  I was able to finish the Book of Mormon this morning. After finishing, I wrote in my journal about how I felt after reading this time through and I realized something (most revelation I've received has been from keeping a journal, I love it!). While I was writing I remembered a time about a year and a half ago after I had receieved my call I got up and bore my testimony in sacrament meeting. I remember saying that "I'm grateful I have the chance to serve a mission and give back to the Lord just a small fraction of what He's given me." A righteous desire, that I think most missionaries have when they first come out. But I realized today that that is not the case at all. The Lord has given me more in the past year of my life than at any other time. I am in no way at all paying him back. This really is the greatest thing thats happened in my life. Even though I've gone through more trials and hardships than ever before, even things that I still have no explanation for, I've learned so much and I know there is much more learning to come. I believe learning is the lifeblood of living an "endure to the end" type life. The gospel is true. I love the quote by Hugh B. Brown, "The gospel is beautifully simple and simply beautiful." It is very true.
  I love you guys so much! Every one of you is in my prayers. And tell Alia to tell Bryson hello for me! Haha. Have a good week. (Alia is Brad's wife Cami's sister...She lives in Virginia and Elder Bryson Westover (Ben's good friend) was at her house this week!)
Love, Ben.

Hey it is also Chinese New Year today! We had a small little party at a members home after church yesterday... Here are some pictures of our relief society sisters and elders quorum presidency... (yes the sister on the right is crazy.) And I'm sorry i don't take enough pictures. I'll work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment