Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011

  Glad you guys had a great weekend in Vegas! But i'm gonna skip the comments about your email and jump straight to the big news. Got transfer calls on Saturday... I'm training this transfer! I'm not exactly sure why President Becerra picked me, honestly. i'm the freshest of the chinese elders... but I know God does things in His own way. I'm kinda nervous, but mostly just way excited. I'm pretty sure he's a native, not exactly sure where he's from though. He comes in tomorrow. I'm way excited, I feel like with this new start that It'll be a lot easier to not hold anything back anymore. I can be at 100% all the time, especially because this new missionary's next 2 years depends on his first impressions of missionary work! I've already planned some things and set up some good appointments that'll be sure to get him off to a good start... it'll be a good time!
  It was sweet to look at all the pictures of Grampa Jack, I miss that guy. I'll try to write him today! It'll be a super busy day though so I'm not sure if I'll get any letters sent out. But tell him one will be coming in the next couple weeks. It was cool to see that picture of the whole Huntington fam, one day I hope accomplish the handlebar mustache just as Uncle Scott has... a man of men! It has been SO HOT this week by the way, I could possibly die of heat stroke in the coming days. Who knows.
  We set a baptismal date for Lydia's mom this week, she's doing great! They love coming to church, more than I've seen in any investigator of ours. The ward has fellowshipped them so well. In our lesson with her on Saturday, we asked her what she feels like when she comes to church, and she said it's a feeling of peace that she can't describe. Of course, that's the normal answer for missionaries and that's what we expect because we know how the Holy Ghost works, but she doesn't! She's slowly learning through her own experiences how the spirit works... it's an incredible process to be a part of.
well I love you guys! hope the littles are having fun in school... is Noah still considered a "little"? haha. He always will in my eyes. have a good week!
Love, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment