Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 15, 2011

helllooooo.
   Man, you guys are going around having all this fun after I leave. haha. Sounds like a good time! and EJ looks so pro in those diving pictures! I'm impressed. I can't believe Matt and Natalie already have a baby, it feels like we just went to their wedding not to long ago, awesome!
   This week's been a good one. I think I pushed myself harder than I ever have and the blessings really came out. Brother Jin was confirmed in sacrament yesterday, and Meiho, Zhineng and Zhiwen are all getting baptized next Sunday. We're really excited for that. This week we started teaching a really special family. A mom and her 7 year old daughter. They've been in America for about a month now, so they're still adjusting to everything. We knocked on her door and invited her to a church tour, she was hesitant at first but she eventually accepted. She knew absolutely NOTHING about Jesus or anything, it was a really hard lesson to give and I didn't think it went very well at all, but she still agreed to bring her daughter to church. So yesterday they came and our ward moved upon them and fellowshipped them SO well! It was incredible, they usually have the hardest time fellowshipping new people. But the spirit really moved upon them yesterday and they made such good friends with this lady and her daughter. They were taken care of so well, we hardly had to do anything. And then they came to our wards family home evening last night and had a blast. It's so cool to see the mom, Zhang, just in 3 days develop the habits of a follower of Christ. She went from never saying or even hearing a prayer to saying the closing prayer in one of the church meetings in just 3 days. :) so cool. And one of my favorite parts of working with these people in America is they always trust us missionaries to choose english names for them... So last night I named the daughter Lydia, after the band :) it's such a pretty name and fits her perfectly! Theres also lots of Jordans, Brysons, and Scotts flowing in and out of our english class, too. haha. Nobody has accepted the name Noah or EJ yet though... they don't seem to like them very much. haha. One of the Scotts is set to be baptized this month! I'm determined to baptize each one of my friends... haha.
So today I thought I'd update you guys on all the weird food I've eaten since I've been out. All types of squid, octopus, fish head, fish tail, pig intestine, pig stomach, curdled pigs blood (yes, they really eat it.), pork tongue, actually pretty much every part of the pig, molded vegetables, and theres more that I can't think of. I've stopped asking what the food is, actually. I think my favorite is the pig stomach, it's super good.
Well I hope everyone at home is happy! keep being good! love you guys.
Love, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment