Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011

Picture of the FISH Ben ate this week... hmmm..
 
     Hahaha man those pictures of you whitewater rafting are freaking sweet! And mom... I always thought my love for extreme sports came from Dad, but I guess I was wrong. haha. too cool.
  This week has been a great one! Our little vietnamese family were all baptized yesterday :) it was one of the sweetest baptismal services I've been to so far. Meiho, the mom, told us her conversion story from her point of view. She's been working at this one restaurant for a while, and everyday she rides her bike home on the same route. But for some reason one day she decided to take a different route home. And thats when she met the missionaries, on the corner waiting for the light to tell her she could walk across the street. She met with us a few times, came to church, and then she brought her oldest son to meet with us. They met with us a few times, came to church, and then she brought her next son to meet with us. Meiho commited to be baptized, and because of their strong family relationship the kids decided to follow their moms example. Such an awesome family. President Becerra interviewed her for baptism, and during Stake Conference yesterday he shared her conversion story and even though he couldn't understand her language, he knew from just looking into her eyes how good of a mom she is. it's all just been so awesome. I've gotten to know President pretty well this past transfer, he's an incredible man. He is very personal and loves the chinese work, and is planning to make some changes to it as well. He wants more chinese elders, so we'll see how that goes! He puts a lot of trust into our small little unit.
  Because Elder Au is leaving next week... everyone is feeding us like crazy. It's almost not even fun anymore, haha. I'll have a good time next transfer trying to lose all the weight I've gained! One of our less-actives took us to the Arboretum in Arcadia this week, it was so cool! It made me miss my camera like crazy, though. oh well. I sent some pictures of it. I also attached a picture of me and Lydia, and a picture of the huge fish I ate this week. mmm.
  I can't think of anything for you to send me in a package... I could use some new music! maybe the latest Alex Boye album if possible. Or anything. I love you guys! have a good week.
love, Ben.
 
Ben with "Lydia"
 
At the Arcadia Arboretum with a less active member!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment