Monday, November 12, 2012

Exciting times...

Family,
   Man it's such an exciting time in the church right now, I'm super upset that I don't get to be in the field while most of it happens. President updated us on the latest. The first 3 weeks after the announcement, 11,000 applications were received. But think about it, did 11,000 people just have their papers ready to go? No, it takes time. So I'm guessing that there will still a TON more that will be turned in soon. Our mission will be receiving 50 new missionaries in the next 3 or so months, bringing a total 250 in this mission. Which means we'll have about 4-6 missionaries per ward. Also, transfer cycles will most likely be changing to 3-week periods instead of 6, in order to cycle all the new missionaries in. I am grateful I won't be an assistant at that time, or else I'd have migrains all day haha. The Lord truly is hastening his work.
   This week has been great. Last night we were able to visit a family that I baptized with Elder Au in August 2011. It was so good to see them again, they are such a good family. Mei-ho, the mother, hasn't come to church in over a year because of work. She works every day to put her 2 sons through school. It was so good to walk into their small little apartment with their vietnamese Book of Mormons on the table and a "Family: Proclamation" pinned up on the wall. She is still diligent in her book of mormon reading and always makes sure family prayer is said at the end of the day. She's an amazing woman.
   I'm really grateful for my companion. He has such a fire about him and loves to learn. He's also very submissive and willing to try new things. His chinese is really good, he was born in Taiwan and grew up in America. His mom speaks to him in chinese and he replies in english, so it's been pretty easy for him to pick up. I also love being in a bike area, we get to talk to so many more people about the gospel. It's a blessing, and it just might help me lose a few pounds. :)
  I hope all is well at home! I sure do love you guys. Love those costumes on the boys, too! haha, super funny. Thanks for the popcorn balls by the way, the missionaries in my apartment loved them... love you all!
 
Elder Dixon.
 
PS thanks for signing me up for classes mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment