Monday, November 12, 2012

5 weeks...

Hello!
   How is everyone? This week has been great. We're learning and working hard. Our small little Chinese group is growing. A new Shanghainese family of 4 just moved into our ward boundaries. The mom stood up in our gospel principles class this week and said she felt that they moved here just to help the missionary work progress and to hopefully help our little group turn into a branch one day. We had a great miracle happen... we hopped on our bikes Monday night, and were headed to an appointment. The first lady we stopped and talked to happened to be a member of our church. She's about 70 years old and was baptized 2 months ago in Taiwan, but had moved to America just a few weeks after. Ever since then she hasn't been able to find the church. She was so happy to see us and happy to be back at church. She bore her testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith yesterday, it was so powerful. Our group is ripe for lots of investigators to come.The mission will have a total of 18 chinese missionaries in the months to come... which is crazy and exciting! Lots of good will happen here.
  Thats awesome about Katelyn's call. And Carissa. Everybody is going on missions, I love it! Exciting stuff. Lots of members of the singles ward I served will be getting their calls soon, too. 2 people I taught with Elder Ebanks got baptized yesterday, Adlai and Melony. Adlai is 14 and Melony is 16, they're the kids of a lady we baptized in August. Adlai is just like Noah, it's so funny. Wish i had a picture! We had been working with them the whole time I was there and we set them with a date just before I left... really happy to see them finally make that decision!
  I'm scared to go home. I'm mostly just scared that my time as a full-time missionary is running out. I'm sure lots of missionaries feel this way, but I don't feel like I've done everything I need to yet. But maybe that feeling won't come for a while. Something President taught me is that the Lord is always pleased, but never satisfied. There's always more we can do. I'm so grateful to be a missionary.
  I love you all! Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment