Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 2, 2012

It was kind of a nice change this week getting emails from brad and ty! haha. I hope all is well in Brian Head, i'm sure that's been a good time for the family. I'm doing well this week, really well. My spirituality has really been increasing and I feel like my ability to learn things from the spirit is increasing as well. One thing that is decreasing, though, is my weight. So thats good. I've lost 10 pounds in two weeks! I'm back down to where I started... but there is still some unusual material on my stomach that needs to go. It's kinda like theres a flat tire above my waist line, why is that. Anyways, it's getting better. We run 3 miles every day and only eat one meal. It's been great. We've also been blessed with no member meals the past 2 weeks. :) But they are soon to be coming back so we'll have to be more careful. Elder Tryon and I are great companions. We really push each other and have very similar goals to work for. We're giving a training on the Doctrine of Christ tomorrow at Zone Leader Council and we're super excited about it, it should go very well. We're using the story of Enos and how his conversion story relates to the Doctrine of Christ.
  Our investigators are doing well, but we still need a lot more. We have a high goal for baptisms in the zone for the month of July, and we're really excited about it. The zone is doing well and they're getting closer to the Lord every day it feels like. Everybody is pretty positive and working hard. We met this man named William a few weeks ago, he wanted to come to english class. We invited him to come early and take a tour of the church, and he accepted. As we sat down with him to explain some small portions of the gospel and how they would bless his life, he mentioned how his wife died about 5 years ago and he still struggles with it. We told him that there is a way he could see his wife again, and he replied "how did you know what I was thinking?" We told him how the spirit works... it was awesome. He's preparing for baptism. When we invited him to be baptized he said "I have no choice, you read my mind." He truly believes that we are representatives of Jesus Christ, it's been awesome.
Well family, I love you all so much. I hope all is well! Tell everyone hello for me, I miss you all.
 
Love, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment