Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wonderful week!


 
Hey family,
  This week has been so great. We've seen many miracles happen. The Lord has definitely been blessing us. We've been blessed with a lady named Alice. She came to our english class on Thursday, and we set up an appointment to meet with her the next day. She was really moved by the message, she started to cry. We met with her again on Saturday and found out that she has been missing happiness ever since she got to America (4 years ago) and has no idea where to find it. She's been to churches before, but they all made her feel like she had to suffer in this life in order to get to heaven. She has loved what she has been learning. She came to church with us yesterday, and then came to the LA temple visitors center with us and the ward afterward. The spirit has testified the truth to her so much every since we first met with her, she is prepared! She has a baptismal date for April 1st. We're grateful for her. We've also picked up a few other people that are making their way towards baptism. Our zone has been taking off as well, we've set a goal to have 10 baptisms in the zone this month and we've already had 4 with more than 10 scheduled. We've been blessed with the missionaries in our zone, they all work hard and are obedient, there's only been a few occasions where they have needed correction. President has been cracking down on obedience, he's been sending people home like crazy lately, haha. When he first got here, he gave the image of "do whatever you want because I'm not as strict as President Pike", but he's realized this and is changing his image extremely fast. We were able to spend the whole day with him on Thursday. We had interviews in the zone, then we took him out to dinner with some investigators, and then we had another meeting with the Stake President right after. I love being with that man, he is so inspired. There's no way you could talk to him and not know the gospel is true. He's helped me become the person I am right now and the person I'm becoming, the lord definitely knew I needed him as a mission president. I think this is my favorite time of my mission so far. The spirit has been so prevalent, my understanding of the doctrine has been so clear, and faith has been so much more easy to exercise. I always ask myself a question that Boyd K. Packer said once, "What doctrine or principle regarding ____ would change my attitude and behavior towards ____" It ignites awesome study sessions and much revelation. Those are the times I wish I had a computer connected to my brain typing down all my thoughts for me, there is just too much to record.
  Well family I love you guys, I hope the littles start feeling better. And have a good trip to Vegas this week, send Ally and Steve my love!
 
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment