Friday, March 30, 2012

New Week!

Good morning everybody.
   I'm glad to hear everyone is feeling better. I think they've passed the sickness over here :) haha, I've been catching a nasty cold these past few days. But I'm all right, the work is moving forward. I'm so excited for the upcoming General Conference. I feel the same way as you, pops, conference seems to come right in time. Some stresses have been piling up, but I think the thing that has been piling up the most lately is my faith. I feel that my faith lately has been almost tangible. I don't really know how to explain it, but explainable and unexplainable things have been happening that are fruits of faith. Faith truly is the essence behind everything we do. This week Elder Fish and I along with President gave a training to all the ward mission leaders in our stake. As I thought contemplating what I would train them on during my part, I read through Preach My Gospel to figure something out that might just click with them, but honestly nothing was clicking with me. After studying more, I decided that we just needed to talk about faith with them. We started the meeting by asking them what makes a golden investigator and a lame investigator (most of them being returned missionaries). They made a long list for both, saying golden investigators "listen, ask questions, keep commitments" and so on. The list for the not-so-golden investigators was just the opposite. They couldn't really catch on where we were going with it for a while until we said "We need you all to be "golden investigators" in this training tonight." We bore testimony of having faith that the spirit would whisper something to them if they were praying for us and for themselves throughout the whole meeting. The spirit was extremely strong, you could see that everyone was so engaged and full of faith, I'd say the meeting was a complete success. Much revelation was received by all of us. I have so much more to say about what I've learned about faith this week, but I just don't know how to put it into words! "To put it simply, faith is power." - Gene R. Cook.
   We've been working a lot with a few less-active members in our ward, and been having good success. Our investigator pool is slowly growing, but growing nonetheless. We're currently teaching 4 pregnant woman, haha. They are all good friends and it's been a good time teaching them. They've asked us to give all their babies english names, but none of them seem to like the name "Benjamin" though, haha. I think it's great. We're praying that the gospel will touch them soon enough that they'll have the desire to be baptized. We haven't baptized all year! It's kinda discouraging, but at the same time I feel like it's just around the corner. We're praying for that miracle family... One of our pregnant investigators, Tracy, has a super awesome 5 year old son named Tiger that loves primary, it's been way cool so be apart of 'cause we hardly ever get to work with children.
  Well. I'm super excited for general conference. We'll be watching it at the chapel, and hopefully we'll get 5-6 investigators there to watch it in chinese. Hope that everything goes well with Noah's singing thingy! And I hope that everyone is happy. Love you guys!
 
Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment