Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 18, 2011

Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend with all the family over! It's been a pretty good week for me as well. We set some goals this week that really stretched us, and it has really paid off. This week was Elder Halpin's last week with us. He's left a really positive impact on me, and I haven't really realized it until these past few days. His desire for the work and the love that he has for God is so strong. He kinda realized that this week was his last chance that he had to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon and he really took advantage of it. This week was one of my favorite parts of my mission so far as we bore sincere testimony of the Restoration to every single person we talked to. I really felt God's satisfaction in my days work every single night in my prayers. That is happiness! There is no other feeling in the entire world that could substitute the feeling of God being satisfied with what you do.
This transfer it'll be Elder Au and I. It will be a little rough, I'm the designated driver and he got his phone privileges taken away... but, I know God always provides a way to accomplish his work. This is his last transfer and he's been trunky for about a year now, but I feel like if I can just keep focused and always remember just exactly why I'm out here, things will go well. Find, teach, and baptize. That's what we're going to do. President Becerra has already made some big changes in the mission. He has gotten rid of Senior and Junior companions with the idea of it providing more companionship unity. I'm excited for more things to come!
I'm so grateful for you guys! All those family traditions and things we've done that dad was talking about really have influenced me so much. The family really is the most important social unit we have in this life... I'm just extremely grateful for the things that I've been taught from you. Those are the things that strengthen my testimony that God really does have a plan for us. They will carry on for the rest of my life. I love you, family! Also thanks for the package mom! Right as I was running out of tooth paste and deoderant I get some in the mail... you know me so well!
Love, Ben

1 comment: